How to Make Your Number Private on Android?Android Tips
Before you begin this process, you should know that you can always use *67 to block your number, but there are other ways. Most carriers have a hidden number configuration that allows you to enable their app. If all else fails, call your carrier and ask them to hide their number.
A quick no caller ID trick: *67If you call someone and want to hide your number from them, one of the easiest ways is to use the *67 trick when dialing that person's number. This will register your phone number as 'Private'. You will need to do this for each call you want to make with a hidden number. But if you need to hide your number for a call now and later, this is a good option to keep your number private.
Use the hide number no caller ID trick.Almost all Android devices on most mobile carriers offer the option to hide your number by default, and it becomes unnecessary to input *67 whenever you make a call. Below is how to block your contact number using the Android mobile phone's built-in hidden number feature.
Note: If you do not have the option to hide the number after following the steps below, it is possible that your carrier or device does not support it.
1. First, tap on the Phone icon at the bottom of your device's home screen.
2. Tap the three dots in the upper right and select Settings.
3. Tap Calls and select Additional Settings.
4. When this loading is finished, select Caller ID.
5. Select Hide Number option from the popup menu.
This caller ID will not do any tricks, so your number will never be revealed when you call someone. Instead, it will appear as a blocked, private, or caller ID. If you want your number to reappear temporarily, you can preface the number you're calling with *82. Alternatively, if you want to turn off your hidden number function, repeat the steps above. In the last Caller ID popup window of Additional Settings, select the Network Default or Show Number option.
Ask your carrier to block your number.If your mobile phone does not have the option to block numbers, you may need to privatize your number from your carrier. Sometimes this can be done with an official application request.
- Verizon App: Instructions on how to block your cell phone number on Verizon.
- AT&T App: Details on how to anonymize your number on AT&T.
- Sprint App: A guide on how to call someone without showing your number on Sprint.
- T-Mobile App: Information about calling someone anonymously on T-Mobile.