How to Enable Cookies on Android?Android Tips
You need to know that cookies are enabled through the site settings in Google Chrome. And cookies are enabled in Firefox via better tracking protection. And activating cookies while browsing saves time, but you can delete them.
How to enable cookies on Android in Google Chrome?Enabling cookies is often the default option in web browsers because it gives you more functionality. Even if it's off, it's important to know how to enable cookies on Android. If you use the Google Chrome browser on your Android smartphone, follow the steps below.
Note: This guide applies to all Android (operating systems) devices running Google Chrome browsers.
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Android.
2. Then tap the three dots on the top right corner.
3. Select the Settings option.
4. Scroll down and tap on Site Settings.
5. Tap on Cookies.
6. Select the Allow cookies option.
Tip: You can also choose to block third-party cookies or block all cookies, but this is not recommended if you want to use all sites' functionality.
How to enable cookies on Android in Mozilla Firefox?If you prefer to use the Mozilla Firefox browser on your Android device, enabling cookies is as easy as enabling it on Chrome. To enable cookies on the Firefox browser, you need to follow the steps below.
Note: The Mozilla Firefox browser has called the relevant settings by slightly different names on Chrome. It does not use the word cookie frequently, so be careful and follow the instructions closely.
1. Open the Firefox browser on your Android device.
2. Tap on the sideways Hamburger icon.
3. Select settings.
4. Scroll down and tap on the Enhanced Tracking Protection.
5. Choose the configuration in which you feel most comfortable. Enables Standard (defult) cookies while Strict disables most of them and may reduce functionality on specific websites.
Tip: You can also select Custom to pick out certain restrictions for yourself or choose the Strick option for Blocks, Ads, Popups.
How to clear cookies on Android in Google Chrome?Clearing your Android cookies from time to time in Google Chrome can be helpful. Follow the steps below to clear cookies.
1. Open the Chrome browser.
2. Tap the sideways Hamburger icon in the upper right corner.
3. Select Settings.
4. Tap Privacy and Security.
5. Tap Clear browsing data.
6. Then tap on Clear Data.
Tip: Choose the time range and whether you want to delete cached images and files along with your browsing history here.
How to Clear Cookies on Android in Mozilla Firefox?If you use Mozilla Firefox, it is also useful to know how to clear cookies once in a while. Here's what to do to clear Firefox browser cookies.
1. Open the Firefox browser.
2. Tap the hamburger icon in the bottom right corner.
3. Select settings.
4. Scroll down and tap Delete browsing data.
5. Tap Delete Browsing Data.
Tip: You can choose to delete cookies only, except for open tabs, browsing history, cached images, and files.
6. Tap Delete.
Why should you enable cookies on Android?Cookies are an integral part of online browsing. They are used to help websites remember if you have visited them before and provide relevant information.
Cookies remember your login data, especially for websites, so you always stay logged in. They also help you consider buying online, so you don't have to worry about being tracked all the time. In general, though, cookies are a great time-saver, so it's important to keep them enabled.