How to Change the Color of Apps on IOS 14Apple Tips
Before you begin this process, make sure your iPhone or iPad iOS version is 14 or later. If so, you can change the color of your phone's application icons without installing themes or other third-party apps.
To change the color of the app, you'll need to create an app shortcut using the Shortcuts app and then customize the color of the icon to fit your theme. You are limited to a specific set of colors that you can use in the Shortcuts app, but you can also choose glyphs to change things a bit.
How to customize your app icons on iOS 14?If you want to customize your iPhone or iPad's home screen, you can do more than just set a favorite image as a background image. You can also create custom color icons that really reflect your style. If you're the minimalist type, then repainting your app's icon to match your home screen will feel like Zen. It's all easy to do using the builtin shortcuts app in the phone.
Important: Before you begin the process of customizing your app's icon, make sure your iPhone has been updated to the latest version of iOS.
1. Open the Shortcut application.
Note: On newer versions of the iPhone, the Shortcuts app may already be installed. On older iPhones, you may need to install from the Apple App Store.
2. Click the + (plus) icon in the upper right corner of the app.
3. After the New Shortcut screen opens, tap the Add Action button.
4. Find the Open App by typing Open app in Search and tap on it in the results.
5. On the New Shortcuts page, tap the Choose option.
6. On the Choose Apps page, scroll down and find the app for which you want to change the icon. In this example, the app is a Slack.
Alternatively: You can type the name of the app in the search bar at the top of the page and then select the app from the results list.
7. You are back to the New Shortcut page and the name of the app will appear where you tapped before. Tap the three-dot menu at the top of the page.
8. On the details page, rename the app. Just tap in the Shortcut Name field and type something new.
Tip: Enter a new name associated with the app to identify the app.
9. Then, tap on the icon next to the app name on the details screen.
10. This opens a selection page where you can select the icon you want to use for the app and the color you want to display. First, tap on the Color and then select the color in which you want to be the icon.
11. Then tap the Glyph and select the symbol you want to display on your app icon. There is no option to display the glyph so choose the closest match you get.
12. When you have selected the color and icon, tap Done.
13. You are back to the details page. Tap Add to Home Screen.
14. You will be taken to a preview page where you can see what your app icon will look like. Tap Add.
15. You will then be redirected to the details page and a brief confirmation will appear on that page. You can now exit the Shortcuts app and find your new app icon on your home screen.
Now you can repeat this process for the icons for which you want to create custom colors. Unfortunately, however, you are limited to the colors displayed on the menu. Currently, in this iOS version, you can't customize the colors for the icons. You may see such a feature in the new iOS version.